Successful Telehealth Sessions
- Clients are finding virtual sessions to be highly effective and convenient.
- If you are anxious about how to use technology, I will work to make it as easy as possible. I have chosen a platform that is simple to use. I am always happy to assist you with any questions or concerns. If you can click on links and complete online forms, you’re good to go!
- If you struggle to find a quiet or private space for your online sessions, you can get creative. Given that video sessions can be conducted on your smartphone, clients have found it helpful to go to a park, sit in their car in the driveway, and/or walk around your neighborhood.
- I will conduct sessions in a quiet and confidential space.
When Telehealth May Not Be Appropriate
Despite the benefits of utilizing online therapy, there are certain situations when it may not be appropriate. These include:
- Complex mental health diagnoses (i.e., visual and/or auditory hallucinations, active substance use, recent suicidal or homicidal thoughts).
- Those with poor internet connection.
- Those who will not be able to have privacy.